[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.9.7-rc is released: small changes, nearly done!
Hi, all! I just tagged and uploaded Tor 0.2.9.7-rc. The source is
available at the usual place in the website. Other packages should be
available soon. This Tor release will probably go into the hardened
TB series coming out in the next couple of days. (I hear that
0.2.9.6-rc will be in the regular alphas, since those builds froze a
little before I finished this Tor release.)
We're rapidly running out of serious bugs to fix in 0.2.9.x, so this
is probably the last release candidate before stable ... unless you
find bugs while testing! Please try these releases, and let us know
if anything breaks. Testing either 0.2.9.6-rc or 0.2.9.7-rc would be
Changes in version 0.2.9.7-rc - 2016-12-12
Tor 0.2.9.7-rc fixes a few small bugs remaining in Tor 0.2.9.6-rc,
including a few that had prevented tests from passing on
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the December 7 2016 Maxmind GeoLite2
o Minor bugfix (build):
- The current Git revision when building from a local repository is
now detected correctly when using git worktrees. Fixes bug 20492;
bugfix on 0.2.3.9-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (directory authority):
- When computing old Tor protocol line version in protover, we were
looking at 0.2.7.5 twice instead of a specific case for
0.2.9.1-alpha. Fixes bug 20810; bugfix on tor-0.2.9.4-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (download scheduling):
- Resolve a "bug" warning when considering a download schedule whose
delay had approached INT_MAX. Fixes 20875; bugfix on 0.2.9.5-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (logging):
- Downgrade a harmless log message about the
pending_entry_connections list from "warn" to "info". Mitigates
o Minor bugfixes (memory leak):
- Fix a small memory leak when receiving AF_UNIX connections on a
SocksPort. Fixes bug 20716; bugfix on 0.2.6.3-alpha.
- When moving a signed descriptor object from a source to an
existing destination, free the allocated memory inside that
destination object. Fixes bug 20715; bugfix on tor-0.2.8.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (memory leak, use-after-free, linux seccomp2 sandbox):
- Fix a memory leak and use-after-free error when removing entries
from the sandbox's getaddrinfo() cache. Fixes bug 20710; bugfix on
0.2.5.5-alpha. Patch from "cypherpunks".
o Minor bugfixes (portability):
- Use the correct spelling of MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_12 on configure.ac
Fixes bug 20935; bugfix on 0.2.9.6-rc.
o Minor bugfixes (unit tests):
- Stop expecting NetBSD unit tests to report success for ipfw. Part
of a fix for bug 19960; bugfix on 0.2.9.5-alpha.
- Fix tolerances in unit tests for monotonic time comparisons
between nanoseconds and microseconds. Previously, we accepted a 10
us difference only, which is not realistic on every platform's
clock_gettime(). Fixes bug 19974; bugfix on 0.2.9.1-alpha.
- Remove a double-free in the single onion service unit test. Stop
ignoring a return value. Make future changes less error-prone.
Fixes bug 20864; bugfix on 0.2.9.6-rc.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to