Re: [tor-talk] does it make sense to change channels from alpha to beta on MS-Windows 10 platform ?

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was looking at How to install 64-bit Tor Browser on Windows 10 .
>
> I went to https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en and
> downloaded the alpha build which was released with 64-bit richness
> there i.e. 7.5.a9
>
> I then went into C:\Users\generation2\Desktop\Tor
> Browser\Browser\defaults\pref\channel-prefs after closing down the
> browser where I changed from alpha to beta channel.

There is currently no beta channel for Tor Browser, so if you do that,
you won't get any update. The only Tor Browser channels that exist are
release and alpha. But the Windows 64bit version is currently only
available in the alpha channel.