[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.5.6-rc is released!
There's a new alpha Tor release! Because it's an alpha, you should
only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual, and report
them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place on
www.torproject.org; if you build Tor from source, why not give it a
try? And if you don't build Tor from source, packages should be ready
over the coming days, with a Tor Browser alpha release likely by early
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.3.5.6-rc - 2018-12-18
Tor 0.3.5.6-rc fixes numerous small bugs in earlier versions of Tor.
It is the first release candidate in the 0.3.5.x series; if no further
huge bugs are found, our next release may be the stable 0.3.5.x.
o Minor features (continuous integration, Windows):
- Always show the configure and test logs, and upload them as build
artifacts, when building for Windows using Appveyor CI.
o Minor features (fallback directory list):
- Replace the 150 fallbacks originally introduced in Tor
0.3.3.1-alpha in January 2018 (of which ~115 were still
functional), with a list of 157 fallbacks (92 new, 65 existing, 85
removed) generated in December 2018. Closes ticket 24803.
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the December 5 2018 Maxmind GeoLite2
Country database. Closes ticket 28744.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Add missing dependency on libgdi32.dll for tor-print-ed-signing-
cert.exe on Windows. Fixes bug 28485; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (continuous integration, Windows):
- Explicitly specify the path to the OpenSSL library and do not
download OpenSSL from Pacman, but instead use the library that is
already provided by AppVeyor. Fixes bug 28574; bugfix on master.
o Minor bugfixes (onion service v3):
- When deleting an ephemeral onion service (DEL_ONION), do not close
any rendezvous circuits in order to let the existing client
connections finish by themselves or closed by the application. The
HS v2 is doing that already so now we have the same behavior for
all versions. Fixes bug 28619; bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (restart-in-process, boostrap):
- Add missing resets of bootstrap tracking state when shutting down
(regression caused by ticket 27169). Fixes bug 28524; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Use a separate DataDirectory for the test_rebind script.
Previously, this script would run using the default DataDirectory,
and sometimes fail. Fixes bug 28562; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
Patch from Taylor R Campbell.
- Stop leaking memory in an entry guard unit test. Fixes bug 28554;
bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (Windows):
- Correctly identify Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows Server
2008 and later from their NT versions. Fixes bug 28096; bugfix on
0.2.2.34; reported by Keifer Bly.
- On recent Windows versions, the GetVersionEx() function may report
an earlier Windows version than the running OS. To avoid user
confusion, add "[or later]" to Tor's version string on affected
versions of Windows. Fixes bug 28096; bugfix on 0.2.2.34; reported
by Keifer Bly.
- Remove Windows versions that were never supported by the
GetVersionEx() function. Stop duplicating the latest Windows
version in get_uname(). Fixes bug 28096; bugfix on 0.2.2.34;
reported by Keifer Bly.
- Increase logging and tag all log entries with timestamps in
test_rebind.py. Provides diagnostics for issue 28229.
o Code simplification and refactoring (shared random, dirauth):
- Change many tor_assert() to use BUG() instead. The idea is to not
crash a dirauth but rather scream loudly with a stacktrace and let
it continue run. The shared random subsystem is very resilient and
if anything wrong happens with it, at worst a non coherent value
will be put in the vote and discarded by the other authorities.
Closes ticket 19566.
o Documentation (onion services):
- Document in the man page that changing ClientOnionAuthDir value or
adding a new file in the directory will not work at runtime upon
sending a HUP if Sandbox 1. Closes ticket 28128.
- Note in the man page that the only real way to fully revoke an
onion service v3 client authorization is by restarting the tor
process. Closes ticket 28275.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to