Re: Reusing Exit Nodes?

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 07:38:19PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > Do you think this is good enough to use as a starting point for the
> > full addressmap feature?
>
> Thanks for sending this. I'm in the process of putting the patch in. Once
> I finish jumping from conference to conference I'll land the changes. I
> realized that our client dns cache *is* an addressmap, so I'm trying to
> merge them so we can keep complexity down.

Ok, this feature is now in CVS:
http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Feb-2005/msg00176.html
Try this example in your torrc:

AddressMap www.google.com www.google.com.serifos.exit

then try adding

AddressMap www.google.com.serifos.exit www.seul.org

It lets you remap remaps, but cuts you off after 16 remaps.
(I could raise this limit if people think it's too low.)

See the man page for more details about AddressMap and TrackHostExits.

Thanks to Mike Perry for the motivation and starting point for this.
--Roger