Re: tor proxy chain

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:16:32PM +0100, giorgio m wrote:

:Why a proxy shouldn't accept connections coming from tor? To prevent abuses?
:Can you tell me how to do this proxychaining?

Because then anyone using tor can use your proxy and any
crimes/harassment they commit come from your proxy.

have perl use socks to runn connections through tor configure the
proxy to accept connections from all tor exit nodes.  How to do this
is best asked either in a perl list or a list for your proxy server
software.

:
:>Now why you would want to do this is another question, perhaps the
:>answer is in the archives.
:>
:
:I just read the faq again, where I found that perhaps you are worried
:that I will use tor to connect to open relays on port 25 and then
:spam, is it right? I can assure you that this is not the case (I would
:not be using tor in this case, I think that there are much easier
:tools), one of the reasons is for example that I don't want the
:websites to know that I'm using tor.

No, I'm not worried for TOR, I'm worried for you.  If all your traffic
appears to becoming from one proxy it's obvious who you are, and you
have basicly zero anonymity.

-Jon