Re: PHP coder needs Tor details

Thank you,
Seth and Michael

Obviously I haven't comprehend what SIGNAL really is.
For me that was just another app specific command/function.
Thanks for clarifing this... now I understand and am successfull in starting and stoping Tor.

From my question it is obvious that I am totally UNIX newbie and am having very hard time using FreeBSD 6.1.
I do my development on WinXP but for hosting am using FreeBSD because Win sucks in that point especially when it comes to security.

Now all this works well when I perform it like a root, but when I want nobody(apache) to parse file.php that is calling Tor will not work.
I know why - nobody doesn't have a permission for that.

I installed Tor like a ROOT using  "portinstall -s security/tor"  command.
Now..., I would like to chmod tor to allow nobody to run it with certain PID but I simply can't find Tor even if I use. (Yes I know - this is very funny!)
If I can't find Tor dir on my server how am I suppose to chmod it?

To shorten... How do I allow nobody to utilize Tor (It can already do that but I must start it like a root and stop it like a root)

PS: Why after I start Tor like a root by typing "tor" in command line it start and then I simply can't issue ANY command to my server, whatever I type in command line and press enter it is like I am typing some text in a word(or nano for a unix)?

Thank in advance

Need Mail bonding?