Re: "Low-Resource Routing Attacks Against Anonymous Systems"

James Muir wrote:
No one seems to have posted this to the list yet, so I thought I should:

"Low-Resource Routing Attacks Against Anonymous Systems",
K. Bauer, D. McCoy, D. Grunwald, T. Kohno, D. Sicker
Technical Report, University of Colorado

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/department/publications/reports/docs/CU-CS-1025-07.pdf

It was posted on Slashdot:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/02/25/1913219.shtml

For those interested, here is someone's official response about the Technical Report and its implications for the Tor network:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/anonymous/2007/02/26/the-rumors-of-our-demise/

Does anyone know who authored that? It seems a bit strange to have an anonymous official statement, but maybe this is appropriate for Tor ;-)

Here is an FAQ by one of the Tech Report's authors:

http://home.cs.colorado.edu/~bauerk/faq.html

-James