Re: map of tor routers

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:43:04PM -0500, Bryan Fordham wrote:
> >Another things to consider, since you're going to be doing so much
> >checking is to instead of just running a tor client, running an
> >authoritative directory server. If you don't want to deal with all the
> >traffic, you can just set it to only allow local connections and not
> >adversite. Another feature might be to run it through the peerguardian
> >lists (peerguardian.sourceforge.net) and somehow "label" servers in
> >those lists.
>
> Interesting.
>
> Opinions? Worth the trouble? Or is using the tor cache enough?

I would say no -- running as a directory authority, but not having any
clients or servers who think you're a directory authority, isn't going
to buy you anything.

If you want to get slightly faster updates for your Tor cache, you should
enable your DirPort. This will signal to Tor that you want to keep a bit
more up to date than if you're just a plain user.

I'll leave the peerguardian idea up to you, but just imagine where we'd
be if we believed every Internet-scale blacklist out there...

--Roger