iptables and tor

Hi everyone,

Has anyone given any thought as to what firewall rules to use on a linux
system running a tor server?  Besides the usual attacks against the
system itself, I'm particularly concerned with possible attacks against
the tor network itslef which could be circumvented by proper firewall
rules --- something like using the TCP options to "mark" tor packets so
they can be tracked or similar hacks.  I haven't investigated deeply, so
my concerns may be misplaced --- perhaps the packets are sufficiently
scrubbed when they are relayed by the routers's ssl connections and no
further scrubbing by iptables is needed to enhance anonymity.

Can anyone comment?

---

Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Director of Information Technology,