[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Some router descriptors not being downloaded
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Some router descriptors not being downloaded
- From: "Eric C" <soccerislander@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:46:07 +0800
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:46:15 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=LsORloaFjM/S1TcZqpwkrNin7GtZeHhgxPdpaI2dKbk=; b=VqYnb/BeQ/YgRArxEdkI1U5io9/JbwnbsT3Xn7fkDqezsdp/TW1u3Ft+Ey7+l4+jzGWKtkRcFkykN3olMjvzbBwVWcqVsNSc/gWR28VLfvopT7D/sCJHYjKs72NI0U1i/3IwQQ1HEjq/1UXkLAVCS72UsiF4BRVSyBJ/KPa1Ilo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=vQswnI9pA9MlfKuxdBNouuz/90OALWtcrDoJXLmS76LoS/zMa/CyJqaeF+XzIPPhRgJBnnOozSnXJ7Z1Bxf3vQ7sqIWD7eMFdyxWFS01sFDKY5lR8K9rI9U0ebKz3clX2LFVa8Quz3mZNiQRqvYgYn9jwKhJPNE/wb2mmk/IBGc=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I found out that some router descriptors are not being downloaded. For
example, on https://torstat.xenobite.eu (the Tor status page), it
shows that 1000rpm is up and running. When I start Tor (I just
upgraded to the latest stable version to make sure it was not a
version issue), it says
routerstatus_list_update_from_networkstatus(): Router '1000rpm' is
listed by 5/5 directories, named by 2/3, validated by 5/5, and 3/3
recent directories think it's running.
But 1000rpm is not listed under either ~/.tor/cached-routers or
cached-routers.new, so somehow Tor does not know about this router
since it doesn't have its descriptor.
I tried the basic stuff: remove ~/.tor, restart tor, upgrade to latest
version, etc... I even used the ControlPort to check if Tor has the
router descriptor and it does not. I have been trying for the past 5
hours or so now.
I thought that Tor was supposed to download ALL router descriptors
from the directory servers/mirrors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS: This has nothing to do against 1000rpm, it was just one of the
first Tor routers that I noticed is considered "up", but not on my
cached-routers list - I am sure there must be others