Re: Questions about gathering information and statistics about the tor-network

Hi!

I tried something similar recently. My approach was to monitor the
infrastructure only, as this is public knowledge, and collect no
informations on the clients whatsoever. I incorporated this monitoring
already into TorStatus. Check out the SVN of TorStatus for the
implementation and see the trunk version of TorStatus @
http://trunk.torstatus.kgprog.com/ or
http://trunk.torstatus.kgprog.com/network_history.php

It is not yet perfect. The timeslot for updating is too short, so the
graphs look frayed. Short summary:

    * collect the total number of running, running exits, running guards
      and running fast servers and save them in an RRD over time.
    * On the top 11 countries these values are collected as well.

Kind regards, Martin