[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Announce: amnesia Live system 0.4.2
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Announce: amnesia Live system 0.4.2
- From: Max <petersonmaxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:51:44 +0100
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:51:52 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=in6EPdORRRXK33PN6lu+xX1fMpp0GnSf0+zc6rPbyYg=; b=WI4yTPDmyBQXkFgkw5DSrT4AKs4Y/FDI3cISPGLTmcjh/hLaKMfr6DUJMVbj7hnVwR CJRWW2QvjIUh49IWITV/H3mWiqjgXsQy483cnmBJjSKBwxf1q8qFeVoB7T+8Lv7Lm6Qg iHULX3xl/5BUJNxdoJeMr7Vnact8yNC/cOuXs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Tm5hCjI4KuR+p1LoS7utqV8B5iVASwN6bf6jNTxW11OVDb6dqMHXJYPKpSHeCLE2ZK 44Bp5qnai/2ICmeJFti8qqR8gFjfylAk+6HcGwjFmGm6/0nSxdX0ACuhOE3AxeGY2QIc aZikH3FbKQu633aZ4DpOIP97uwrxDTCY+twDU=
- In-reply-to: <85pr4gkp9l.fsf@xxxxxxxx>
- References: <85pr4gkp9l.fsf@xxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the info, it is recommended to add these apps too:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> amnesia  is a Live System similar to (and heavily inspired by)
> Incognito :
> * all outgoing connections to the Internet are forced to go through
> the Tor network;
> * no trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitely asked.
> Since the initial announcement on this mailing-list in August, a few
> releases happened. We're working hand in hand with the Incognito
> developers, and amnesia can now be considered as the ground
> foundations for the next main Incognito release.
> Try it, seed it! Any comments are welcome.
> Highlighted changes since August:
> * We now ship multilingual ISO images; initially supported (or rather
> wanna-be-supported) languages are: ar, zh, de, en, fr, it, pt, es.
> * We now ship "hybrid" ISO images, which can be either burnt on CD-ROM
> or dd'd to a USB stick or hard disk.
> * Icedove (Thunderbird) was replaced with claws mail, in a bit
> rough way.
> * Virtual keyboard: kvkbd was replaced with onBoard.
> * Tor controller: TorK was replaced with Vidalia.
> * Anonymous, GnuPG-encrypted bug reporting is now made easy for
> * Users are now warned at runtime when the amnesia version they are
> running is affected by security flaws, and which ones they are.
> * Includes NetworkManager 0.7 to support non-DHCP networking.
> * Always use the latest Tor stable release from deb.torproject.org.
> * Securely erases RAM on shutdown using smem.
> * Added support for running as a guest system in VirtualBox.
> * Improved boot time on CD by ordering files in the squashfs in the
> order they are used during boot.
> See the online Changelog  for details.
>  https://amnesia.boum.org/
>  http://www.anonymityanywhere.com/incognito/
>  http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog
> intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx>
> | GnuPG key @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/intrigeri.asc
> | OTR fingerprint @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/otr-fingerprint.asc
> | So what?
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
unsubscribe or-talk in the body. http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/