Re: Tor v0.2.1.23 dose not work in my windowsXP box and Tor v0.2.1.24 can not work in my Debain

     On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:07:39 +0800 Peng Zhou <zpbrent@xxxxxxxxx>
top-posted (again):
>I am sorry for my mistake to show up the bridge ip in the unsecure mail
>list, and I can take care co it in the future :-)
>
>Fortunately, the Bridge IP I have showed up is directly from https://
>bridges.torproject.org, every one can surf the wewbsite to get the ip
>directly, that is to say, this leak is just for a public bridge, I hope my
>mistake can just make a little hurt to the Tor. network because it is just a
>public bridge

     When you read the documentation and the tor project's web pages, did you
bother to think about what you read *at all*?  There is *no such thing* as a
"public" bridge.  Period.  Why do you think the bridge addresses and key
fingerprints are only given out three to a customer instead of the entire
list being on display?  That is the whole point of the bridge system:  unlike
the usual tor routers that are listed in the publicly available directory, the
bridge routers are *unlisted*.  If they were listed, they would be the same
as the usual routers.  Why do you think they are unlisted?  It's so that there
is no downloadable list for censoring states to block.
     It's frightening that tor is, in the words of the immortal Boris Badenov,
foolproof, but *not* idiotproof.

>Sorry to every one who use Tor. :-)

     Whatever.  Maybe someday you'll understand what anonymity is about, but
you haven't yet shown any sign of it.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG