Re: [tor-talk] the wiki is dangerous for end users [was: TBB Users: We Need New Directions on Torifying Software! Solution Required!]

The wiki articles vary widely in terms of the TLC they get. I have a
few that I watch out for (arm [1], stem [2], and bad relays [3]) and
the good/bad isps gets a lot of activity [4]. The rest have mostly
collected dust since they were written.

> There is no quality policy.

Correct. If you care about a part of the wiki then take ownership and
make it good. If no one cares about a particular wiki page then it
falls out of date and sucks. At present not many people care about the
wiki.

> Evil people could just add some bogus instructions on purpose. Anyone can edit and no one will check the changes in detail.

False. Trac has an rss feed for the updates and Karsten set up an
email list to be notified of changes [5]. For the last year I've
looked at most of the edits that go by, and others possibly do too.

Cheers! -Damian

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/arm
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/stem
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/badRelays