Re: [tor-talk] Help users in Iran reach the internet

You will need the send the new IP:Port to Tor-asssitants. Maybe you could Cron Job it?
-----Original Message-----
From: krugar <tor-admin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:07:45
To: <tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Help users in Iran reach the internet

On 02/10/2012 02:34 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:30:21AM -0300, Javier Bassi wrote:
>> I'm running a middle node, should I switch?
> If you have to choose, I'd say stick with the middle node. After all,
> we need there to be a robust fast Tor network for people to get to.
thanks for asking and answering this, i was wondering about it as well.
going to keep stillhavenoipinfo running as is then.

two more questions:
- is it possible to run obfusproxy on an EC2 instance? (never played
with EC2, but given the ready made bridge img...)
- if i run an obfus-bridge node at home (ADSL, NAT'd), can
tor-assistants deal with a dyndns name (IP is changed every 24h by our
beloved Deutsche Telekom)?

>> Or my IP is already
>> blocked by the Iranian filters?
> Surprisingly, Iran only uses DPI and not IP:port filters. That's not
> entirely true anymore (e.g. apparently they blocked one of the A records
> for www.torproject.org), but it's still mostly true.

useful info