[tor-talk] Adblock Plus and Ghostery should be included in Tor bundle

> But just curious, which part of Ghostery is closed source, because when I
open up the xpi I don't see any binaries, but haven't looked at everything.

Closed source is the opposite of Open Source, and Open Source is much more
then just giving away the source code. It's about laws and licenses.

On ghostery.com I saw no source download and I didn't bother to download
the binary. Even if the binary is human readable, not compiled/obfuscated
torproject has no rights to redistribute it.

Ghostery's "Terms of Service" [1] are very restrictive. Torproject is not
allowed to redistribute, rebrand, modify, they would have to buy a license
(if possible). I don't think that is going to happen. If Ghostery had an
Open Source license, discussion if it could be added to TBB, would be
possible. As long as that is not the case, torproject needs a substitute.

[1] http://www.ghostery.com/terms