Re: [tor-talk] Cupcake Bridge update

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 09:08:38AM -0500, Griffin Boyce wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM, k e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 15:37:09 -0500
> > Griffin Boyce <griffinboyce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Just wanted to send a quick update on Cupcake - it's available in the
> > > Chrome web store and has 88 users. =)
> >
> > 89 =)
> >
> > The cupcake hasnt changed that decadent pink icing however, so i am not
> > sure it is doing anything.
>

> Thanks! Glad you like it. The cupcake does not change colour, but if you
> click on the cupcake, it will have a drop-down page with the status.  If
> it's blue, then it's working. If it's grey or black, there's a problem.
> http://i.imgur.com/vQQJiLj.png

There are many more proxies than clients, so the chance that any one
proxy gets a client is small. Don't be discouraged if you don't see a
light blue badge, because it happens rarely. We claimed in the paper
that having lots of legitimate, but unused, proxies helps defend against
some attacks on the facilitator by malicious proxies. You are still
helping, even if nobody is using your badge.

David Fifield