Re: [tor-talk] Metrics fast exit page

On 03/02/14 22:29, tor-admin wrote:
Hi,

What happened to the fast exit statistics on https://metrics.torproject.org?
Why was it removed?

See https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-December/005948.html , in particular:

2. We introduced the notion of a fast exit for sponsor J, and we added
graphs showing how many of these fast exits or almost fast exits are
running in the Tor network.  The sponsor contract ended, and the notion
is too specific to be useful for anything else.  We should remove the
graphs.  (fast-exits.html in the diagram.)

The only feedback I got was https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10460 , in particular:

Roger tells me the reason why he's looking at the fast-exits graphs on the metrics website is to get a handle on whether we're maintaining a good population of fast exits. Each time he looks at them he wishes he had a different graph though. The graph he wants to see has to do with growth of the network over time in terms of number of good relays. He says maybe the graph he wants is something like "the speed of the 100th fastest relay" and "the speed of the 100th fastest exit". And he says by 'speed' he probably means self-advertised capacity.

There are two new graphs available as replacement:

https://metrics.torproject.org/network.html#advbwdist-perc

https://metrics.torproject.org/network.html#advbwdist-relay

All the best,
Karsten