[tor-talk] Report: Past, Present and Future of Tor Hidden Services

Hi,

last semester I wrote as part of my Master in Information Security a report with the title "Past, Present and Future of Tor Hidden Services", which I want to share with you [0]. You may want to read it, if you want to know ...

... what the difficulty with anonymity compared to confidentiality is.
... how Tor works in detail, including looking at the specifications.
... how Tor hidden services work and what their limitations are.
... how the next-generation hidden services are designed, how the new design fixes some issues of the old design and what isn't fixed yet.

I hope the report will be interesting to some of you!

Cheers,
Konstantin

[0] http://hdl.handle.net/11250/274863