Re: [tor-talk] ATOMIC BANJO and LEVITATION used by CSE

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 13:37:58 -0800, Paul Syverson <paul.syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point was that there was a bunch of stuff we started doing at NRL
in 1995 we called "onion routing" including what we eventually called
Tor.  Some people not at NRL designed, and in some cases built, other
systems using the same onion routing principles (e.g. the Freedom
Network that Zero Knowledge Systems ran c. 2000-2001,

ZKS Freedom! ..blast from the past, I think I was one of the 50 people that signed up for a paid subscription, it was way ahead of its time. Was always suspicious of the timing of their shutdown right after 9/11.