Re: [tor-talk] "Confidant Mail"

On 2015-02-03 21:28, Andrew Roffey wrote:
Except for the few big names, most domain providers do not provide
inexpensive certificates so the point is not invalid (yet). I don't
think changing domain providers to bundle the cost is a reasonable
solution to the high costs of certificates.

HTTPS certificates can easily be found under $20/year. Less, if you pay multiple years in advance. While this isn't a trivial cost, I have trouble calling this a "high cost". In fact, many (possibly most) TLDs cost more for the domain than the certificate, even when purchasing from independent vendors.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/