Re: [tor-talk] REAL-ID Internet Access Coming Soon

Hi Joe,I'm confused. If you don't hold the opinions of "some" in your first paragraph, then what do they have to do with your first-person generalizations in the second paragraph?

Anyway, the proper metaphor for people who don't understand technology is certainly not historically inevitable developments in fingerprinting technology. It's outlawing gloves. I surely hope most of the subscribers on this list understand the difference.

-Jonathan

  On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:55 PM, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> ...you will very soon be kissing any rights to freedom and self managed
>> privacy you now enjoy on the internet goodbye forever.

I'm not, but some would say that LEAs & gov'ts figuring out how to track
down people on the internet is no different than the time in societies
when LEAs started developing modern crime solving technologies.
Fingerprints, comparing bullet markings & all the modern tools to catch
bad guys.

Before that, it was a lot harder to prove a crime w/o eye witnesses, etc.
And societies lost a lot of their privacy because of the new advances.
And we will likely continue to lose them (not looking forward to it).
"Rulers are gonna rule."
Until such time as there are no more humans.