[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: I Encourage Everyone, Right Here And Now, To Donate Money To His Three Main Security Programs, Which He Uses The Most!
- To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÑ <afalex169@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: I Encourage Everyone, Right Here And Now, To Donate Money To His Three Main Security Programs, Which He Uses The Most!
- From: Colin Mahns <colinmahns@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 00:03:17 +0000
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:03:44 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=riseup.net; s=squak; t=1423267404; bh=yPnAKc/xZ/Lq3ulUrRyLVYUsGpR3ZXXjXoWSIl+s4rc=; h=In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Date:To:From; b=Pm3TJ56XtWG8ziXuKhZtYNVGigstxeYf5YysUfEeYlwgeY3jWCBdUuLgwRcsZbb7+ ycEd0PFrl+Oe+gK7f0B5LTPCItlwG3TNcHNJ/oTuKTBlNylsdR742432w+RHRL64Hi anAQrcOyUm0NXhA4DShrV84DSo5WBpzAP6e7YcQM=
- In-reply-to: <CAEm6KbLxrsFyUFWaGOC8=gLpqS1Mnfu4r3QpwTOs_sErP95ZUA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-archive: <http://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "all discussion about theory, design, and development of Onion Routing" <tor-talk.lists.torproject.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/tor-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAEm6KbL31mEHPMG1n_-hwMXriaBziNQrqGM+2NUSP6wUE_dBew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <CAEm6KbLxrsFyUFWaGOC8=gLpqS1Mnfu4r3QpwTOs_sErP95ZUA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: "tor-talk" <tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Happy to say I sent some BTC over to Werner (as well as OTR, Tor, i2p, and a few other pieces of privacy software) the day before Jacob and Laura's talk at 31c3. Was a great feeling to see that the money I donated went to a tool that works :)
With free software we own our means of production, but we also need to make sure these projects have the love and care they require to continue to protect people. I think we should add Enigmail to the list of projects that can use some love too. A ton of people use it (Glenn Greenwald in particular IIRC), and it's recommended by so many as the goto for "easy" to use email with GPG. The easier it is to work with, and the more secure it is, the better it is for all of us in the long run.
On February 6, 2015 2:16:54 PM EST, " ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÑ " <afalex169@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The man who built the free email encryption software used by
>> Edward Snowden, as well as hundreds of thousands of journalists,
>> and security-minded people around the world, is running out of money
>> keep his project alive.
>I was shocked that almost nobody donates money to Werner Koch.
>in the Post-Snowden Era.
>Are we so greedy/stupid/so f*cken selfish that we can not donate some
>to a man, whose labor we use to protect our most sensitive
>Hell, we buy bread, coffee and cheese and pay at the cash register, but
>privacy we are unable (or rather do not want to) to pay a penny.
>And then we wonder, why is that great security software vanish or don't
>receive security updates fast enough. And whom do we blame? The NSA,
>GCHQ. But it's not only them. This is us. This is our indifference,
>Each throws off the responsibility on the other. "Someone else will
>donate". Or "I have donated a year ago" (wow! And this year the
>doesn't want to eat, right?!)
>Our enemies are investing billions into breaking down these
>programs/protocols which are designed to protect us (GPG, Tor, OTR,
>VeraCrypt, Jitsi etc.). And? It turns out, that the developers of these
>great programs don't have enough money even for the bare minimum!
>It is a shame!
>I encourage everyone, right here and now, to donate some money to his
>main security programs, which he uses the most. And donate at least
>There is nothing to discuss. "Just Do It".
>tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To unsubscribe or change other settings go to
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to