Re: [tor-talk] TBB visited links color

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015, Joe Btfsplk wrote:

> Visited links in TBB (4.0.3 and up).
> Sorry, didn't find anything in
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
> or FAQs or in any filed bugs, about how TBB handles visited links turning
> colors.
>
> Should TBB visited links turn color, or not - by design?
> At 1st, no visited links were turning colors in TBB 4.0.3 - Win.
>
> Checked & the pref: browser.visited_color; #551A8B was at default value.
> I assumed links didn't turn colors either because of private browsing mode,
> or TBB modified to prevent links from turning colors.

Yes, this is related to private browsing mode. In default firefox too,
if you enable private browsing mode, the visited links don't change color.

> Side question:  I assume if TBB allows them to turn color, that it may not
> be wise to choose a non-default visited link color?
>
> Not sure if sites could detect / query the color specified & see that it
> isn't the default purple?

According to this page:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/03/privacy-related-changes-coming-to-css-vistited/

"getComputedStyle (and similar functions like querySelector) will lie.
They will always return values as if a user has never visited a site."