Re: [tor-talk] Why does Facebook claim my Russian exit node is in Colombia?

Geolocation data for IPs is of varying quality. Facebook's likely comes
from a combination of commercial and open/free sources, along with some
machine learning based on features of people coming from those IPs. For the
most part, I doubt Facebook is trying to look at/parse the whois data
directly, since often the address of the owner of a block has nothing to do
with the actual location of a block.