Re: [tor-talk] Easier download via email?

rizzo wrote:
Also, when I once tried the email bot, the only option was to be sent
a download link to Dropbox, which isn't of much use when Dropbox is
also blocked in the country. Has there been any discussion on using
Amazon or Azure servers instead, following the same rationale like the
meek bridges?

GetTor is the Tor delivery bot, and can be triggered by emailing gettor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with either "windows" "osx" or "linux" in the body. AFAIK, there isn't a language option. It uses DropBox to distribute software, but not 100% sure why, since DropBox is blocked in China and elsewhere. However, it is not easy to find consistently-unblocked hosts for every place where Tor is blocked. It's a surprisingly tricky problem. Israel Leyva has been working on GetTor lately and has some solid improvements planned.

There's also Satori, which is a project of mine. The real downsides of Satori are that A) there's typically about two weeks between official software updates and a new Satori release, and B) we use Amazon S3 to distribute software for most languages (fairly consistently blocked in most of China). However, we're about to release a major update that includes downloads via bittorrent and no longer using Amazon for some languages.

If it helps, I can always throw the latest 5.5.2 on github for you to download as needed.

best,
Griffin

[] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.satori.Satori

--
âWe have to create; it is the only thing louder than destruction.â
~ Andrea Gibson