Exit ports 465 and 587 [was: Tor and Thunderbird]

Thus spake Michael Holstein (michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> Here's another idea ... gmail allows SMTP via SSL (smtps on tcp/465).
>
> You've got to authenticate for in/out (meaning google account) but you
> can get one of those anonymously. They do POP via SSL as well (pop3s on
> tcp/995). Combine the two and you've got a functional client.
>
> This should help you out .. (applies to Outlook, but Thunderbird would
> use same settings in different places) :
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278&query=smtp&topic=&type=f&ctx=search

For the Tor nodes that allow 465 and 587, have any of you seen abuse
complaints or problems with SORBS and other vigilante spam crusader
overlords? If these ports are almost always authenticated I will allow
it in my exit policy without bothering with the IP list.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist