[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: transparent forced dns-'proxy' on Exit-Node - is it ok?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: transparent forced dns-'proxy' on Exit-Node - is it ok?
- From: "Alexander Janssen" <alexander.janssen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 19:50:25 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:50:43 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=R5zLhsAjou2MTfoO90D9/M3c5KuSaV0WrYe4xma5IVbRo/X/Ly65uYPFW6LgX6rTnCDBVK5gFrTqr1mxSDPA9gIupVs/U4byt5N0jeYswJf8vJ3VP9VZo9fB+LiKvJaIeF4oZfUwA5XI7b4HZ4myyZvD0sNJIrH+x7bIva6330g=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/9/07, herfel@xxxxxxx <herfel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[... redirecting DNS-traffic to TOR via iptables ...]
have a look at trans-proxy-tor and dns-proxy-tor, both available from
http://p56soo2ibjkx23xo.onion/ . I haven't looked into it yet, your
mileage may vary.
trans-proxy-tor is a transparent proxy that works with pf or iptables
to transparently redirect network traffic into Tor.
Included with trans-proxy-tor, this is a very simple DNS server
intended for plugging DNS leaks when using Tor.
Drop us a line if it's working, I was thinking about using that for my
public hotspot. It's next to impossible to run an open Wifi-network in
Germany without beeing frightened to get sued because of
copyright-violations or something...
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it
should be stopped."
-- Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator, on the Smithsonian Institute, 1901.