Re: Block directory authorities, is it possible?

Thus spake Pei Hanru (peihanru@xxxxxxxxx):

> Hi all,
>
> I live in China and was/am having difficulties in using Tor, the problem
> is: it takes quite a long time to build a circuit for the first time I
> start Tor on my Windows machine.
>
> Am I understanding correctly? Are there any actions Tor can take? After
> all, we cannot simply assume this will not happen in the future.

If the problem right now is just IP blocking you can try the tor
option HttpProxy which will route your dirserver traffic through an
http proxy you specify. Unfortunately, certain areas have begun
blocking by the /tor/ url postfix that dirservers use, independent of
IP. There is an option in 1.2.x/SVN to tunnel this traffic via other
tor nodes (via SSL), but I believe it is prone to exploding at this
point in time.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist