RE: setting the minimum number of routers used in the network

     On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:36:40 +1100 "Cameorn Burns"
<cameron.burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Ta for that Drake....

     Sigh.  From the freebsd-questions list, please read first:

 -> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:05:59 -0500
 -> From: Bill Moran <wmoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 -> Subject: Re: top posting (off-topic)
 -> To: "Brent Jones" <brent.jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 -> Cc: freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx
 ->
 -> "Brent Jones" <brent.jones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 -> >
 -> > I for one prefer top posting, as usually I have read a particular thread
 -> > enough times that I like to cut to the chase and read the new input
 -> > without having to scroll down, sometimes navigating an endless nesting
 -> > of >>>  For me, reading through top posted replies saves time and
 -> > effort.  If I happened to miss something in the conversation I can
 -> > scroll down to find it.
 ->
 -> There are three reasons _not_ to top-post and to post inline, trimming
 -> your response intelligently:
 ->
 -> 1) Top-posting does not scale up to large, complex emails.  It produces
 ->    incomprehensible responses when the conversation requires more than
 ->    a yes or no answer.
 -> 2) Stop thinking about yourself and realize that most messages read in
 ->    archives long after they were posted.  Top posted messages in archives
 ->    are a lot more difficult to parse, and usually require a lot of clicking
 ->    around to get back to earlier messages, etc.
 -> 3) RFC-1855 says so.
 ->
 -> Most people who _honestly_ ask this question simply don't have a lot of
 -> experience with online discussions.  Take the advice of people who have
 -> been doing this for years and you look smart.
 ->
 -> --
 -> Bill Moran
 -> http://www.potentialtech.com

Then read below for a more useful answer to your question.

     The value 3 is hard-coded and as a *literal*, not even via a preprocessor
variable.  Search in circuitbuild.c for "routelen", and you'll find it.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG