Re: What to do at IP number change?

Hi,

>      On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:55:36 +0100 Tom Hek <tomtorexitnode@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >> i'm changing my public IP number ten times per day and to avoid
> >> confusion,
>
>      *Ten times per day?*  Please tell us again why it is you're bothering
> to run a tor server if you also feel you have to hide its existence.

it's because a moving target is harder to hit; it's more safe to change the IP number
often.
Another point is that states like germany do like IP numbers so much that they do
data retention and therefore i give them what they want - many IP numbers ;-)

> >> i'm stopping my TOR server before and starting after the number
> >> change.
> >> But after the start TOR is very slow.
> >> Is there a better way to tell the TOR server that the public IP has
> >> changed?
> >
> >Tor will detect it and republish his server descriptor with the new IP
> >in it.
> >
>      That is true iff the Address line in torrc contains a host+domain name,
> not an IP address, and the name server data base in question has been updated
> to reflect the changed address.

So i should use a DynDNS host+domain name?

Regrets