Tor causing network lags?

Hi all

There was a little time ago i reported a network lag problem to this mailing List which was showing when i was running Tor in relay mode. The discussion ended up, that my ISP could be throttling down my connection. After a little bandwith testing i couldn't find any ISP-throttling, because i got no bandwith difference between running Tor and not running it (ca. 10mb/s down / 1mb/s up), and also the lags happened at all my relays which do not all run at the same place and do not all run at the same ISP.

At that time i had Tor 0.1.2.17, the network lags remained also in 0.1.2.18 and i have them also now in 0.1.2.19. RMLAnonSrv1 is running on a dedicated slackware 12.0 machine in a network of 10 pc's, RMLAnonSrv 2 -6 are standalone Windows XP prof pc's at different places.

RMLAnonSrv1 to 4 have the bandwith set to 80KB/s, the relays 5 and 6 to 32KB/s. All have their ORPort to 443 and no Directory Mirror. Thei'r torrc all have the standard settings which have been made with vidalia, except RMLAnonSrv1, where SocksListenAddress is set.

The network lags show while i ping google.ch, normally it's between 20 and 60ms. Periodically the ping time is increasing to 950ms during about 1 - 30 seconds, and sometimes i got even packet losses. I made during 10min a Debug log file of Tor and a simultaneous "ping -t google.ch > C:\Pingtest.txt" in a Windows XP prof. cmd shell on RMLAnonSrv2, which i can send if needed.

Here are the torrc settings for RMLAnonSrv2 - 6:

# This file was generated by Tor; if you edit it, comments will not be preserved # The old torrc file was renamed to torrc.orig.1 or similar, and Tor will ignore it

# Limit the maximum token buffer size (also known as burst) to the given
# number of bytes.
BandwidthBurst 81920
# A token bucket limits the average incoming bandwidth on this node to the
# specified number of bytes per second.
BandwidthRate 81920
# Administrative contact information to advertise for this server.
ContactInfo mdal at gmx dot ch
# If set, Tor will accept connections from the same machine (localhost only) # on this port, and allow those connections to control the Tor process using
# the Tor Control Protocol (described incontrol-spec.txt).
ControlPort 9051
# Address/port ranges for which to accept or reject outgoing connections on
# behalf of Tor users.
ExitPolicy reject *:*
HashedControlPassword 16:159ABF88190BF3F7602574C00B63C408A122EAD63B457307D6A8F10F5D
# Where to send logging messages.  Format is minSeverity[-maxSeverity]
# (stderr|stdout|syslog|file FILENAME).
Log notice stdout
# Set the server nickname.
Nickname RMLAnonSrv2
# Advertise this port to listen for connections from Tor clients and servers.
ORPort 443
# If non-zero, avoid directory servers that don't support tunneled
# conncetions.
PreferTunneledDirConns 1
# Bind to this address to listen to connections from SOCKS-speaking
# applications.
SocksListenAddress 127.0.0.1
# If non-zero, when a directory server we contact supports it, we will build a
# one-hop circuit and make an encrypted connection via its ORPort.
TunnelDirConns 1

I hope anybody can help me and please excuse me for my bad english and for the huge post.

greetz Matthieu Dalissier