Still problems with TLS negotiation

Hi,

I upgraded all my servers from FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4 to 8.0-RELEASE
and tor stopped working because of the TLS renegotiation problem.
So I upgraded to tor 0.2.1.21 (promised to solve that problem) but the
problem
is still there. Going back to FreeBSD 7.2 is no option so I tried tor
0.2.2.6-alpha.
Still no go. However, the error message (TLS error: unexpected close while
renegotiating) is now suffixed with (SSL_ST_OK) but tor isn't doing any
usefull
work.
If it helps: openssl version: 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 (I can not change that,
it's part
of the base system).
So, this was the end of a faithfull tor-supporting system, running for
months as
an exit-router... :-(

Regards,
Hans.