Re: tor-proxy.net

From: M <moeedsalam@xxxxxxxxx>

Here is something copied and pasted from the tor-proxy FAQ.
I am visiting a secure Website ( https:// ) with your service, and the Fingerprint is wrong!

If you are accessing a webpage through this service, connection is done between the server of the webpage you want to visit, and this server. Thats why the secured connection is established between this two servers, and not between you and the server of the webpage. Anyhow the content will not be readable when it is transferred to you, because the connection between you and this service is also secured. But it uses a different key than the website you like to visit. Thats why the fingerprints differ.

But be aware, that we theoretical could spy on the content if we want to. Of course we will never do so! But you should know that it is possible, and that is why you should not transfer high sensitive data over this service (for example credit card or online-banking PIN and TAN).

Regards,