Re: TLS renegotiating error.Link openssl libraries problem.

     On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:27:59 -0800 (PST) Luis Maceira
<luis_a_maceira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>My first time using FreeBSD is with this 8.0-RELEASE,so I am quite new with=
> it.Ionly have on my system pre-compiled binaries I installed with pkg_add.=
>I havenever used the ports system,I have had the idea that it is something =
>comparableto sources/binaries on Linux distros using the sources gives exac=
>tly the samebinaries(installs exactly on the same directories).Here,I used =
>a method I haveused on Linux distros for some software (binaries linked wit=
>h specific librarieson specific directories,not to system libraries),I got =
>the pristine sources fromwww.openssl.org compiled and installed them,now I =
>need to link them to the torbinary.If a straightforward method does exist I=
> appreciate you post a link to it.

     Here is a link to the FreeBSD Handbook, which you should consider a
primary reference for your FreeBSD questions.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Read Chapter 4:  "Installing Applications:  Packages and Ports" at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

See also Chapter 24:  "Updating and Upgrading FreeBSD" at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/updating-upgrading.html

so that you understand how to make sure your ports tree is up to date *before*
installing a port or package.
     Note, too, that the entire handbook can already be found on your system
in

file:///usr/share/doc/handbook/book.html
     Once you have done your homework, then you can 1) update your ports tree
and then 2) install tor from ports, which should force the proper installation
of openssl from the port before tor is built.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG