Re: AW: tor exit-node abused, takedown by ISP,

Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Arian Sanusi:
> Olaf Selke schrieb:
> > If US law doesn't apply, why should one care about dmca notices?
> > Regarding my exit node I simply ignore them.
> >
> > Olaf
> I don't know why one should, but I got that damn bill over 192â, thats
> what I mainly care about. I mean, if that was like 20â I could live with
> that even if that was cheeky anyway.
>
> Arian

If I understand Olaf in the right way, he wants to say: "What the hell does your ISP take care about DMCA requests within germany? DMCA is NOT german law. They dont have to care about such requests at all and shall send them to /dev/null. If they waste their time and take care of such requests it is their decision and cant make you responsible for this."

If I understand Olaf right he might have the opinion you should refuse to pay that. Anyway, you should try to speak with someone of their staff directly to clear that incident.

There is a german "Verein" of tor node admins, the German Privacy Foundation. Hereby you are invited to join, see www.privacyfoundation.de.

Best wishes