Re: Tor in German media (27c3)

Moritz Bartl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04.01.2011 17:46, Dirk wrote:
>> So all I need is a competent lawyer to run as many exit nodes as I
>> want in Germany?
>
> Most people run "as many exit nodes as they want" without even having a
> lawyer in the first place. It is not an illegal service at all.
>
> For the future, it might be a good idea to form a lose network of
> lawyers/funds that openly promise legal help to ANY Tor node operator.
> In Germany, both Chaos Computer Club and German Privacy Foundation
> promise to fight for the right of Tor node operators in case something
> big hits them. In the US, EFF made a similar promise.

It would be very useful to have a factsheet that lists jurisdictions, tor-exit-node related trials and their outcome.. to inform
potential admins about the possible risks..

I wouldn't be interested into starting exit nodes and then give in as soon as there is pressure.. rather ask a lawyer to clean
that up...