Re: Tor and google groups

>> Though I could open an account at gmail, it is impossible to login to
>> post in google groups. I am told, whetever the exit node is, "Your
>> browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.".
>>
> First, did you have to go through SMS verification to open a Gmail account?

Yes, but I have a nice collection of SIM cards from various countries... Every time I travel (twice a month at least) I bring back some SIM cards for this kind of "work"...

> Second, I also have had the same problem apropos cookie functionality.
> There appears to be no rationale.  I have found that deleting the cache
> and re-opening Firefox works sometimes but you have to play about with it.
>> I am using Tor, Privoxy, Firefox and Torbutton, both in their last
>> updated releases for Win7.
>>
> Should you not be using Polipo rather than Privoxy?  Perhaps other
> people can comment on this?

Well, I am using Privoxy since the beginning of Tor, never understood why i would have to change.

Anyway I followed your suggestion and cleaned the cache, then I could enter Googlegroups with Tor!

Thanks a lot for your help :)