Tor relay on vserver exeeding numtcpsock

Hi all,

after running 2 tor relays over dialup connections for several weeks, I
recently ordered a vserver (Hosteurope Virtual Server Linux L 4.0) and setup a
middleman tor relay. Very fast the vserver run into shortage of tcp sockets
which indicate lots of

"Error creating network socket: No buffer space available"

errors. The numtcpsocks parameter limit is set to 550 on the vserver. Before
asking the ISP to increase the value I would like to ask you what a reasonable
value  of this parameter would be. The tor wiki describe several parameters
and values for SWSoft's Virtuozzo here
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#Virtualserver

but for numtcpsock a recommendation is missing.

Thanks for your help.

Klaus

--
Klaus Layer