Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

On 2011-01-29 19:46, Jan Weiher wrote:

> while scrolling through the tor status page (torstatus.blutmagie.de), I
> stumpled upon the following node (the reason why it came to my eye was
> the long uptime):
>
> gatereloaded 550C C972 4FA7 7C7F 9260 B939 89D2 2A70 654D 3B92
>
> This node looks suspicious to me, because there is no contact info given
> and the exit policy allows only unencrypted traffic:
>
> reject 0.0.0.0/8:*
> reject 169.254.0.0/16:*
> reject 127.0.0.0/8:*
> reject 192.168.0.0/16:*
> reject 10.0.0.0/8:*
> reject 172.16.0.0/12:*
> reject 194.154.227.109:*
> accept *:21
> accept *:80
> accept *:110
> accept *:143
> reject *:*
>
> Am I missing something? I'm wondering why the status page lists this
> node as non-exit, because it clearly allows outgoing traffic on ports
> 21,80,110 and 143?

See:
'https://gitweb.torproject.org/arma/tor.git/blob_plain/03b9c2cb903cc59f83139039d963f1fdea99b83a:/doc/spec/dir-spec.txt'

   "Exit" -- A router is called an 'Exit' iff it allows exits to at
    least two of the ports 80, 443, and 6667 and allows exits to at
    least one /8 address space.

Also: http://www.mail-archive.com/or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg10275.html