Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

One could argue that recording traffic goes against the spirit of the tor project and anonymity in general. But even if people do monitor the traffic as long as they don't control both nodes there is little chance that the end user can really be tracked. There is also an onus on the end user to still practice safe internet habits and be careful about still using SSL, when they are entering passwords,  or doing similar sensitive things. Tor was not designed to make internet browsing safe in a general sense, rather it is meant to provide away around firewalls and censorship so that people can access the "open" internet without a fear of getting tracked as easy.

-Andrew