Re: [tor-talk] Open links in TBB

Here's the workaround that I'm using (on Linux):

o Start TBB. Once Vidalia is ready, TBB-Firefox starts. Once TBB-Firefox
is running, you can look at the command-line arguments; it's "-no-remote
-profile ./Data/profile" The -no-remote causes me problems.

o Exit TBB-Firefox; vidalia stays running.

o Start TBB-Firefox with the command:
"~/tor-browser_en-US/App/Firefox/firefox -profile
~/tor-browser_en-US/Data/profile &"

o From the program that contains the link that you want to click, set
the browser to be "~/tor-browser_en-US/App/Firefox/firefox". The program
will then open a link with the command
"~/tor-browser_en-US/App/Firefox/firefox <URL>".

Note that there will be problems if you try to run the regular version
of Firefox. I think that one needs to be started with the -no-remote
flag. The -no-remote was added to TBB sometime in August IIRC so that
the regular version of Firefox could run along side of TBB-Firefox.

Anyone know if what I'm doing is a security risk?

--
Thanks.

george