Re: [tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 15:53, Mirko <5p4m@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Maxim Kammerer schrieb am 11.01.2012 10:22:58
>
> Are you referring to this (from https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html)?

Yes, and I didn't know that DuckDuckGo allows turning redirection off
in the settings and via the URL parameters. Referrer is already
forged, so there is no reason to have a redirect:
http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/?q=%s&kd=-1&kh=1 can easily serve as the
default search engine, and http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/?kd=-1&kh=1
can be a default start page (in absence of a dedicated Tor-oriented
one) — although http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/?kd=-1&kh=1 seems to
provide results via https://duckduckgo.com/ for some reason after a
search term is submitted. I guess this is a bug, since without
"?kd=-1&kh=1" DuckDuckGo keeps the .onion address.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)