Re: [tor-talk] How to install tor in Linux just as secure as tor-browser-bundle ?

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:42:38AM +0530, bakshi12@xxxxxxxxx wrote 3.2K bytes in 60 lines about:
: > Actually, Firefox does not use SOCKS for name resolution only in default setting
: > (unless you are talking about different bug). There's
: > "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" in about:config, which needs to be set to true.

: a system upgrade. The TBB provided by tor is really doing its job well. And I am interested to know
: its settings so that users can just make such system with available debian packages. Does the custom
: TBB uses polipo/privoxy ? I just found the following ports after starting TBB

TBB does not use polipo nor privoxy.

: I can't remember correctly though, but I have read somewhere that current TBB doesn't use
: privoxy/polipo anymore after getting firefox version 6. If it is correct, then we also don't
: need them; So how does TBB solve the DNS leakage issue ? The correct info is required..

Quoting from another reply to you, the answer is here:

: > Actually, Firefox does not use SOCKS for name resolution only in default setting
: > (unless you are talking about different bug). There's
: > "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" in about:config, which needs to be set to true.

: A deb repo for tor customized aurora is also nice. I know the down-loadable TBB is just great.
: Still having the knowledge to make such system with available deb packages is always interesting.
: I'll look into the links you have provided, mean time any more clues is very much welcome.

Start here, https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
and then read the source,
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/tree/HEAD:/src/current-patches/firefox
and then look at the settings for firefox aurora,
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/blob/HEAD:/build-scripts/config/prefs.js

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact