Re: [tor-talk] tor out of date

On 2012-01-19, Praedor <praedor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I KNEW this would happen as people suggested it.  I do NOT want the tor
> browser bundle, I want to run a tor relay.  I installed my linux distro's
> tor package and, just as I knew it would be, it is out of date.  I go to the
> tor website and it no longer offers tor standalone, doesn't even provide for
> tor sourcecode.

See https://www.torproject.org/download/download .  (The easy download
page (https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy) provides a
link to that: âLooking For Something Else? View All Downloadsâ)

> TBB is NOT setup for running fulltime relays or exits.  You MUST provide the
> basic tor package too!

We do.  See https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian and
https://www.torproject.org/docs/rpms for instructions for Debian,
Ubuntu and some RPM-based distributions; if we don't provide a package
for your distribution, you can still build from source.

Robert Ransom