Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: ANONdroid

Thus spake Nathan Freitas (nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> No problem and glad to see overlap. I just wanted a publicly stated
> opinion as I have zero experience with it, and reputation and trust
> are all that matter!

I also work with Georg Koppen of JonDos on Tor Browser. He's given a lot
of feedback to the design document, has pointed out bugs, and has helped
with a couple fixes to issues we both shared (he works on the JonDos
browser). I think Tor Browser is quite a bit better off thanks to his
input and assistance.

JonDos has something of a bad reputation in the Tor community because of
the "backdoor" Karsten and Robert mentioned. I think that against
adversaries like organized crime and oppressive governments, this
property can be a dangerous one for both users and node operators.

However, while I would not feel as comfortable operating nodes of such a
service as compared to relatively risk-free Tor bridge, entry and middle
nodes, the "three hop collusion" requirement is the extent of that
backdoor, as far as I am aware. They otherwise take their privacy work
very seriously.

--
Mike Perry