Re: [tor-talk] Mail through Tor

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:41:06 +0100
<superplant@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any issues in controlling email-boxes through the provider-
> webfrontends (gmail, gmx, etc.) using tor?
> I read for example about referers in between entering account information and
> being redirected to mail-provider-http-sites for a short moment so that
> session hijacking by the exit node operator is possible (intercepting auth-
> cookies etc.).
> Any behavior suggestions here? I didn't find much on the web.
>
> Thanks!
> Tor-User
Gmail works with SSL-webfrontends.

In TBB by default "HTTPS-everywhere" plugin redirect your HTTP to HTTPS
for Gmail profile. Intercepting SSL (HTTPS) is not so easy if you will
be carefull with browser messages.

Another mail and webservice providers may (or not) provide https-login
and theyr https-profiles may (or not) be missing in https-everywhere.