Re: [tor-talk] [IDEA] Google App Engine, Tor Hidden Service Viewer

Nathan Suchy writes:

> Explain what you mean by reach your mirrored and why would I get a
> complaint for proxy service? I already do this and many others do too with
> ease. Google protects it's members.

You might have a different experience with a web-to-web proxy and a
web-to-Tor-hidden-services proxy.  The first allows people to reach
things that they already could with their web browser (unless they
have a censored connection), maybe with a little more anonymity from
their local network and less anonymity from you and Google.  The
second allows people to reach things that they would otherwise only
have been able to reach with Tor Browser.

Tor2web also allows linking to and spidering of hidden service sites,
which you might or might not intend to allow.  In that configuration,
it's hard for some people to understand that the proxy isn't actually
hosting the hidden sites.  They don't realize that it's a proxy to
something that exists elsewhere.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/