Re: [tor-talk] Integrity of platforms: Trusted Computing

>> I'm wondering if, within anonymity community, the trusted computing
>> technologies hasn't been evaluated properly for the values that it could
>> be provide in terms of operating system and application integrity.
>
> +1
>
> Pond uses the TPM.

StrongSwan and FreeRadius use TCG's TNC.

Both TPM and TNC might be interesting for Tor.

But AFAIK there are no portable TPM/TNC libraries, and OS support for them varies, Linux has Linux-IMA. I haven't used PacketFence or TNC-FHH or OpenStack's OpenAttestation yet. I think Windows has APIs, but Win8-onward only. I don't know of any MacOSX options. And TCG is only useful on Intel/AMD hardware, for ARM, you'll need TrustZone and/or GlobalPlatform TEE.