Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia has been replaced with Tor Launcher

On 1/25/2014 7:33 AM, Katya Titov wrote:
TT Security:
1. So "Network Map" and "New Identity" are absent now. When these
functions will be add to the TBB?
Vidalia is now a stand-alone package. Details:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#WhereDidVidaliaGo
If TBB is leaving Vidalia for a "better" ? Tor launcher extension, & some have mentioned using Vidalia as stand alone, to still see circuits, IP addresses - what are the implications? Was Vidalia ditched for reasons that *might* make it undesirable to use with later TBB versions - in any circumstance? I missed the memo on all reasons why Vidalia - bad, Tor Launcher - good.

Whether bugs, poor / slow connections, anonymity issues? Assuming we're talking about possibly using Vidala & TBB 3.5?